One Green Mama

One mom trying some green living and enjoying food and cooking.

Pin It!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The weight struggle

Our baby girl is still having some struggle with weight gain. I am now working with a lactation consultant to help me sort things out. I'm starting to add pumping sessions in where I can so I can supplement with my own breastmilk and get a supply boost as well.

We're still using formula to supplement and while it's not my ideal choice it's helping our daughter do what she needs to do which is grow. I do not envy any moms the diapers because the formula poops smell different to me and are stickier. And the expense of the cans are crazy that I just balk at the store when in the aisle. So we go in and have her weighed with the LC later this week to see if there's more/any progress. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some positives for her and will keep chugging along between the formula and pumping which is my least favorite activity. My pump and I have a love/hate relationship. She pulls on my nipples that all I hear when her motor is working are expletives because that's what I'm thinking. And I coax myself to relax to get the job done as quickly as possible. When a session is done and I see however many precious ounces in the collection bottles I am thankful and think that I have to hook up with the bitch later on for another torture session. What can I say? I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment