One Green Mama

One mom trying some green living and enjoying food and cooking.

Pin It!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's been a long week

I've been going non-stop with running errands. I took my one hour glucose test and failed so I have to do the three hour tomorrow. I don't foresee passing because I had Gestational Diabetes (henceforth to be known as GD) when I was pregnant last time. So, this puts me at a huge conundrum for the holidays because I always associate it like most others with great food. I am not baking this year though just because I'm getting too tired to stand over a hot oven. And if I do fail the test tomorrow I am at an even bigger problem in terms of eating. There's a problem if my body acts the same as last time I had it (most veggies made my numbers high so I avoided them as did most carbs which I also avoided). And with this pregnancy I am usually unable to tolerate meat and especially can't cook it. So, that will leave me with very few options of things to eat. I'm pretty much set to eggs and cheese and possibly tuna or non-offensive fish if I can keep that down. And lettuce. Lots and lots of lettuce. Not a great menu when you get down to it. Plus, starvation comes in leaps and bounds with that kind of diet. And no amount of extra calories can help the hunger go away with a protein laden diet. Note: I could never do Atkins or Sugar Busters or any of those kinds of diets that tell you all carbs are bad!


On another note of things going on I will be getting to sit down at the serger this week which I'm looking forward. And I've been able to do some productive things at home just in cleaning up the mess that gets made daily with a toddler. And Christmast gifts are in the starting stages of progress. I just need to sit down and think of some other gifts that will be appreciated for the rest of the family. The husband and toddler will enjoy everything I have planned I am sure. That is all for tonight I guess. I will try to post my tuna salad recipe tomorrow since I plan on making it for lunch. It may sound funny, but I promise that it is very good. Try it once. If you hate it you at least tried something new and if you like it then it can always be added into lunch rotations when you have a craving for it. :-) Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment