One Green Mama

One mom trying some green living and enjoying food and cooking.

Pin It!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tuna salad with egg

Ok, I didn't get to post this earlier. I "passed" my three hour glucose test that I took earlier however I still have to test/monitor myself because I was spilling it at the doctor's office. So, 3 numbers in and only my fasting one was normal so far. Hopefully my lunch number is good because I am starving beyond belief right now.


TUNA SALAD WITH EGG

1 small can of Albacore tuna drained well
3 hard boiled eggs chopped coarsely
1/2 large onion chopped fine
3 tbsp mayo (heaping, I just eyeball the wet ingredients and add more to suit my tastes... I know some people like their salads runnier, just fix to suit your tastes)
4 tbsp yellow mustard
1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
1/2 tsp garlic salt, pepper, dill weed, paprika, onion powder (again adjust to your tastes after giving it small taste once mixed)


Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. I usually mix them all together when they're cold because I don't like warm salad. Serve on whatever bread you like or even scoop some onto lettuce and tomato and eat. There should be about 3-4 servings here on regular size bread. And it keeps well in the fridge for about 3-4 days and tends to get better overnight because the flavors really meld together. I will try to post a pic later when I can grab the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment