One Green Mama

One mom trying some green living and enjoying food and cooking.

Pin It!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Mmmm....Guacamole

I used to hate the stuff.  For good reason. I hadn't had good guac.  A travesty for sure.  It had mayonaise in it.  Who does that?! Crappy restaurants, that's who.  Then I tried Wholly Guacamole and it's pretty good but it gets expensive for not a lot of snack.  So I made my own for about the same price but more of it.

Here's what you need:
3 ripe avocados
1/2 large tomato seeded and diced
1/4 large red onion finely chopped
The juice of one lime
A generous pinch of kosher salt
1/4 of a small jalapeno chopped finely
A couple leaves of cilantro very finely chopped
1 garlic clove mashed into a paste or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt to taste

In a small prep bowl put in the lime juice and salt and set aside.

In your serving bowl put your avocados in and start with a couple mashes.  Then add the rest of the ingredients except for the lime juice and salt.  Mash it together until it's almost to the consistency you want.  When it's almost there add your lime juice and salt and mix in.  Add any additional salt to your particular tastes.  Serve with chips.  It shouldn't last past the snack time, it's so good.  I apologize for the poor pic.  I'll have to get a better one next time.  I couldn't resist snacking!  :-)


I went and edited the amount of jalapeno because using the whole one is very spicy.  If you don't want hot and just a good flavor try it amended.  It is fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment