One Green Mama

One mom trying some green living and enjoying food and cooking.

Pin It!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Skillet Cooking Part I

So with where we're living I'm not comfortable sharing spaces.  It's been a hard road for us with this and that's a whole other story and not fully the highlight of today.  And a part of my hermit-like nature has been to figure out how to cook some things in an electric skillet.  One of my favorite things to eat is pasta.  And this is one of the things I've had to go use the regular kitchen for.  That was until I tried it in my electric skillet.  I don't recommend this as an everyday method but for once in a while when you need just a little bit of pasta it actually worked.  And I shouldn't have to tell people to use common sense, but PLEASE USE YOUR NOGGIN if you do this and have proper fire extinguishing methods available or at least 911 on your speed dial!

I filled up my skillet just over halfway with water and salt and set it on high to boil.  I stayed watching this like a hawk and it took a bit to boil.  When it boils add your pasta (only enough for one or two servings!) and put the lid on.  It's enough to feed the starving lactating lady and tot.  Cook for the desired time.  You'll need to keep an eye on everything very closely for the 7-12 minutes your pasta is boiling.  It will steam up your kitchen or cooking area.  When it's done turn off the skillet and carefully drain the pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment