One Green Mama

One mom trying some green living and enjoying food and cooking.

Pin It!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Moving time

I can't believe that I'm packing up my stuff that I won't be using in the next couple of weeks. I have to put my etsy shop on vacation as well. But we move in less than a month to start the next chapter of our lives, one that has been long overdue. I've been trying to do this as economically as possible and as green as possible. I think I'm lacking on the green though. We've reused boxes though that we were able to get from the liquor stores and from businesses near where Hubs used to work since they literally threw their boxes away in a large dumpster. Amazing! You could go watch them throw the boxes and their garbage away everyday at the same time before they end their shifts for the day. We also grabbed packing peanuts and bubble wrap from similar sources to protect our breakables.
We're using a freight company for the move. When we arrive to our destination I'm hoping we can drop off the emptied boxes to our local recycling center. The peanuts and bubble wrap I'll have to repackage and post on a local site for reuse. One of the nice things about where we live currently is that one of the shipping stores actually will take your packing peanuts back for recycling. So it's cool that they keep getting used over and over. After all, it's styrofoam and where's it gonna go, right?
So, with that said this is most likely my last post for a couple weeks until we get situated and get the internet turned on. Once we get up and running I expect to have some new projects to share as well as some new recipes. For now, I'm going to enjoy the cuteness that is Baby and Tot. See you in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment