One Green Mama

One mom trying some green living and enjoying food and cooking.

Pin It!

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ratatouille

There are so many variations on this. But, we had it for dinner tonight and it was fantastic. Very filling and vegetarian to boot for me as well as dairy free. I have to admit I've fallen off the dairy free bandwagon the past week and Baby has let me know with massive spit up the past couple days that she still can't handle it in any amount so I'm cutting it back out of my diet again.

Anyway, in a large pan sauté up a large onion sliced and 4 garlic cloves in olive oil.

Once they have cooked set them aside. Then add to the pan some more olive oil with 2 cups cubed eggplant, 4 green peppers sliced, 3 cups zucchini cubed, and 2 cups of fresh tomato. Let sauté for about 15 minutes. Add the garlic and onions back to the pan. Cover and let simmer until vegetables are soft. Add 1/2 cup tomato sauce to give it more broth. Serve over warm crusty bread. It's fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment