One Green Mama

One mom trying some green living and enjoying food and cooking.

Pin It!

Monday, December 22, 2008

More sewing time and everything else

I made 12 more cloth wipes in the past two days. I have to admit that I am really proud of myself for sitting down when I can at my machine and trying to get better at sewing. The fabric for that I have is ugly as sin, but it's being used on a behind so does cuteness really matter? So, far that is 18 wipes I have made in the past couple weeks. I still have a lot of fabric left to make more. I am going to have my mom scour for some more cheap fabric for me so that I can continue to "practice". I think most of what I make for right now won't be worn outside mainly because the fabric patterns are hideous, i.e. mostly plaid or really floral neither or which is my out and about style, but I am having fun making these things and coming up what ideas I'm going to tackle next.

I think I'm going to make a nursing tank/sleep shirt next, but I have to get some paper that is wider than a newpaper so I can make a ton of markings plus various notes and it should give me some leeway in case I need to make adjustments in the size. I also want to make a changing pad cover since DC does not like laying on the changing pad itself. There's always a temper tantrum to be thrown if I don't have a blanket of some sort down. It does make for easy clean up for those rare pee ons since the blanket absorbs the pee. I just take it off the pad after a change and throw it in my laundry pile. And it sounds like DC needs another nursing session...

No comments:

Post a Comment