One Green Mama

One mom trying some green living and enjoying food and cooking.

Pin It!

Friday, December 5, 2008

Should be sleeping

but, I'm not. DH and DC are both taking up the bed so there's no room for me to squeeze in at the moment. I also should be finishing up the hat I'm crocheting, but I just don't have the motivation. I'm almost done and think I'll actually finish it up this weekend. It took me the better part of my free time at night this past week, but I think for a first project that it looks cute. And is it just me or does the wrong side actually look really neat, moreso than the right side of things sometimes.

I tried to learn to crochet when I was younger and gave up because I just didn't understand it. Plus, I only had my mom tell me how to do and moving so fast through a basic single stitch that I was incredibly confused and didn't ask follow up questions. I went onto this website http://crochet.about.com/ via a google search and up popped not only instructions but pictures to boot. Seriously, I love the internet sometimes just because it seems like you can find anything that you want to know. (Except how to fold socks/clothing military style...go figure! And yes, this is something I'm interested in purely because I'm selfish and would love to save some space in my tiny falling apart wardrobe.) Anyway, back to crocheting, I really can't believe that I didn't try harder to learn this when I was younger. It really is pretty easy to do and I am actually enjoying it. I can't wait to hopefully finish the hat this weekend so I can make a scarf to match it which I haven't decided if I'll knit (which I'm also teaching myself to do) or match it up and crochet in the same pattern as the hat. And if I have enough yarn left, which I think I do and can figure it out a pair of mittens to match would be absolutely perfect. Is it terrible that it would be a birthday and Christmas gift all in one? I hope this little girls' mama appreciates the effort and thought. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment