One Green Mama

One mom trying some green living and enjoying food and cooking.

Pin It!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Got Bread?


So, after looking at a lot of bread in the bread aisle I can't seem to find a sandwich bread to enjoy when I want a sandwich. And being this past weekend had a holiday in it I of course had to have egg salad since I took the time to dye eggs with my over-excited toddler. So, I took the ten minutes to add ingredients to my bread machine to make some bread. I took the recipe from my Oster Expressbake breadmaker book and made it as follows:

1.5Lb. Loaf

1 cup water
2 TBSP coconut oil
3 TBSP almond milk (I think you can try this with any other milk like hemp or oat if you're nut allergic)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups bread flour
1 TBSP sugar
2 tsp active dry yeast

Directions:
Add measured liquid ingredients to pan.
Add measured dry ingredients to pan, except yeast.
Form a well in the flour and add yeast. (This machine says for the yeast to never touch the liquid while you're working with it)
Put pan in the machine and select the basic setting, crust color (I did medium) and the start button.

It does taste good. I think next time I need to warm up the coconut oil before adding it though because a little bit of it did clump up in one area. The bread does taste good though which is really the point of the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment