One Green Mama

One mom trying some green living and enjoying food and cooking.

Pin It!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's a long road

Breastfeeding two children.  The tot is nursing before bed now as the only nursing session.  I'm just not handling the tandem thing as I was hoping.  I get fairly agitated with it and tot also likes to use teeth quite frequently.  However weaning is not going to happen without a fight on his part because he's so stubborn about keeping the nursing.  I think what I'm going to try tonight is putting on my headphones and listening to some music while I nurse him so that I can take away some of the irritation I feel with nursing him which is the sound of him nursing when he's actively doing it.  This is so hard because I really feel so conflicted.  Nursing has been such a great thing for him but at the same time it's also something I'm not enjoying and maybe that's because of the amount of stress we're currently under and also trying to make sure baby is ok and happy at the same time as well. The hubs gets his quality time in with her at that point and plenty of snuggles which he always enjoys.  He also falls asleep with her fairly quickly so it's hard to get him up to go to bed and hand her over. 

Tot is also not feeling so hot today so I'm guessing there may be an extra session in there as well.  So, the get-sick-child-better instincts will kick in and hopefully give tot whatever antibodies he needs to feel better and keep baby protected as well.  I will say though that after two and a half years I have finally gotten the pinching to stop on tot's part while nursing.  After several months of telling him it hurts and that he's done if he doesn't stop and offering him my hand to hold onto instead, which has turned into my holding onto him completely, we've been mostly pinch free for about a month.  So that is a success!  Happy feeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment