One Green Mama

One mom trying some green living and enjoying food and cooking.

Pin It!

Monday, April 5, 2010

There's no more butter!

I miss butter. I love butter. Butter is my very good friend. I use it in baking/cooking and on bread or toast. Since that is a no go right now I need something for my bread and butter or garlic bread cravings. And I'm also lacking fat in my diet to some degree because I don't eat much meat and now I have no dairy in it. So needless to say some days this past week I've felt a little funky mentally. I got it in my head that I really wanted some Italian bread one night last week. And hubs who really does try to come to the craving rescue went along with helping me figure out what would work. My solution to this was to make dipping oil. You know...the stuff you get served in really good Italian restaurants. This turned out pretty good although I'm still trying to debate the flavors I want when I grow tired of this combo. But, it has garlic in it so I don't know if that will happen. I might have to try and roast the garlic just a wee bit some time to see how that flavor is.

1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 small cloves garlic minced very fine
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes

Mix all of these together and let sit for an hour before serving up for dipping. The flavors come together and you'll be fighting everyone else for it. Not the best picture but I was being pulled on by a toddler who wanted very badly to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment