One Green Mama

One mom trying some green living and enjoying food and cooking.

Pin It!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 1, Hours....all of them

It went ok. I was ready to eat my kitchen chairs by dinner time but I stuck to it. Dinner wasn't anything earth shattering. I decided that I had to have baked beans and pasta. I was so intent on the baked beans though that I completely forgot to put the garlic on my pasta. Gasp! Did you hear that? I know I sure did. I didn't dig into my weekly point allowance. We're having company today and tomorrow and I suspect that I'll be using those up in that time frame.

Dinner for anyone wondering was sweetened baked beans with real maple syrup. A single serving of pasta with some vegan "butter" which I'm getting used to. I can only imagine how I'm going to react to real butter once I'm done nursing. Maybe I should learn to do a cartwheel? I also sprinkled some nutritional yeast flakes on top of the pasta to act as my cheese. That stuff is pretty good for anyone wondering. And if you're dairy free or just looking for a boost nutritionally to your diet that stuff packs a punch for just a little bit.

Because I wasn't full from the pasta and beans I also ate two kiwis and a pear. By time I ate that I was at least comfortable. For the snack before Tot saying he wanted to go to bed during what would be Prime Time hours (if we had television service) I had some blackberries, carrots and some hummus. And I drank three liters of water yesterday. I've been really bad about drinking water lately so I've got to get better about that. Daredevil I think enjoyed all the water I was drinking yesterday because she had a very heavy diaper this morning. Anyway, off to start our regularly scheduled week. Onto hour 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment