One Green Mama

One mom trying some green living and enjoying food and cooking.

Pin It!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Remember me being a smurf?

I never said what I did with the Easter Egg Dyed yarn. Well, I stared at that skein for a while. And the more I stared at it the more I hated the pink color because it was so bright. Hello 80's! I have no desire to revisit you...ever. So, I let it sit. And then I finally decided to do something with it because it was taking up space in my drawer. I turned it into two dryer balls because I needed more anyway. And then I crocheted a cover over the dryer balls for two reasons...1) I didn't felt them because when I felt them they fall apart and then it's a waste of good wool and 2) the cover prevents unravelling at a later date even with successful  felting. I think that they actually turned out really cute. And I can't mistake them in the clothing pile when I'm folding laundry. My other two are brown and they kind of get lost in the crowd. These have been used already for a little over a month and I love them! I have enough of that dyed wool left to make probably one more small dryer ball. Or that's my hope anyway. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment