One Green Mama

One mom trying some green living and enjoying food and cooking.

Pin It!

Monday, February 28, 2011

A little bit on Day 2

I think I've found my new comfort food. Seriously, I'm in love. I was going to put some black eyed peas in it but didn't think ahead with the cooking so I left them out. I made some brown rice though. And as the main part I carmelized up half an onion in a little olive oil and I sliced up 3 small Portobello mushrooms into thick slices. I seasoned the mushroom and onions with some garlic powder, a little garlic salt, fresh cracked pepper and a little paprika. Put the mixture over the cooked rice and eat. Delicious! For the meat eaters this would probably go well with a steak? Ok, off to tend to a feverish Tot. He's not been feeling well the past couple days. Hoping he's feeling well enough for school tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment